Marysville Municipal Court

1250 West Fifth Street, Marysville, Ohio 43040

Phone: 937.644.9102     Fax: 937.644.1228

Probation Information

Communication with the Probation Department Should be in Writing

If you have a problem, a request for information, or a missed appointment, you should make a written request to your probation officer. Please include your full name and case number when you write. Send requests to:

Probation Officer Craig Resch
Marysville Municipal Court
1250 West Fifth Street
Marysville, OH 43040
Probation Department Voice Mail

Please note that the probation officer's voice mail is not intended for the routine use by probationers. It should be used to report an arrest or a conviction for a new charge. Leaving unnecessary or repeated messages will be considered a violation of your probation.

Do Not Direct Probation Questions to the Clerk's Office

The clerks are not probation officers. The clerk's office does not maintain a probation file or schedule, or any other information about your probation. As such, do not seek information regarding probation matters from the clerk's office. Repeated contact with the clerk's office shall be considered a violation of your probation.

Reporting for Probation Meetings

If you are on reporting probation you must report for probation on the date and at the time assigned to you. Report to Clerk's Office of the Marysville Municipal Court. Complete a probation report form located on the counter. Upon completion of report form report to the Probation Office located in the courtroom. If you miss a reporting date for any reason, do not report on a different date. Instead, promptly write to your probation officer with an explanation for your failure to appear and request a new reporting date.

Probation Violations

If you receive a Notice of Probation Violation, you must personally appear in court on the date and time given. Your rights at the probation violation hearing will be given to you by the Judge. Your failure to appear will result in the issuance of a capias for your arrest.

Modification Requests

If you are unable to pay fines and court costs or complete a condition of probation as ordered by the Court, you may file a modification request form to ask the Judge for additional time. The form is available in the Marysville Municipal Court Clerk's Office.

There is a $10.00 filing fee per request.

There is no guarantee your request will be granted. You must show proof that you have done everything possible to comply. Just saying "I need more time" is not enough.

If anything delays or interferes with compliance with the Court's order, you must timely file a written request asking the order be changed. Timely means at least seven days before the original deadline set for completion. Do not put it off until it is too late and then expect to get some order changes or get more time to comply. Only the Judge can modify your sentence and the sentence remains in effect until the Judge signs a new order and it is filed with the clerk of court. You should not file one day and expect it to be ready the next day.

The following are examples of some of the things considered in reviewing requests for modification:

Copyright © 2012-2023 Marysville Municipal Court - All rights reserved
Site designed by Henschen & Associates, Inc.